Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Lotus Pond earrings - My latest project

After agonizing for almost a week I finally arrived at a decision to make the design going around my mind. The Lotus charms , a gift from  Nina Designs were exquisite and reminded me of the calm waters in a pond full of green lotus leaves and blooming flowers  . A picture of calm serenity and definitely oriental in look!  So that`s it was going to be ,  I decided , something that had a similar look .


    It was a first time for me , in the sense I`d never had done any work with wire and was not sure that I would be able to bend the wires neatly enough . But there always had to be a first time , and so , gathering the supplies I sat down to make these pair of earrings . The lotus charms  ( VNA558 ) as well as the ear wires (VNT2226 ) from Nina Designs ,matched with the vintage jade drop shaped beads I had. The tube beads that I had used in my earlier project  ( here ) would add length to the earrings and the czeck seed beads,  the dash of color I wanted .

The Lotus Pond earrings

   After a lot of trial and error I finally finished the piece , and here it is for you to see ! The earrings sway gently when worn and the jade and the czeck beads shine with a subtle light giving them an almost ethereal look .

The lotus pond earrings

    So what do you think ? Like me , does it remind you too of a calm and serene oriental garden with a lotus pond ?

lotus pond


Looking forward to your comments as always !

regards

motidana

  The materials above were provided as part of the Nina Designs blogging program. The author of this blog has not received any payment from above-mentioned company. The post above represents only personal opinion of the blog author.  

4 comments:

  1. lovely. this reminds me that I still have the lotus pendant finding that nina sent me long back and that I should put it to good use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very well done, these have turned out beautifully and yes they do remind me of lotus ponds

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully balanced design! Very zen. I like the way you left the front of the ear wire longer than the back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW what a beautiful pair of earring And Thank you so much for following my blog
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts School Projects

    ReplyDelete

you may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...