Sunday, October 26, 2014

Experiments in clay



polymer clay flowers ,




Recently I bought some paper clay to experiment making some flowers . The idea was to create small motifs that could be used to make something in polymer clay later. I had not used clay for some years now and the earlier projects I had done while in college were in cold porcelain which I not sure could last . So to get the feel of molding the clay , here are my experiments. Once I started making these flowers it was difficult to stop myself..............

How did you find them ? Do drop a line and let me know

ciao

motidana

7 comments:

  1. Lovely ones! Even I like to work with clay. But time constraints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked these, Ranjana . Working with clay is quite addictive, you never want to stop

      Delete
  2. these are so so pretty, if you do them in play do you have a kiln to bake them in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret . As these are from made frm a self drying clay , they do`nt need to be baked . As for the polymer clay ones , I don't have a kiln but use the normal oven to bake them and they turn out quite good.

      Delete
  3. Nice piece of art. I never tried with clay but curious to know that how do you make different colors in this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never used paper clay, just polymer... these are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look amazing Especially the roses
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete

you may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...